We’re delighted to announce the official launch by Abu Dhabi Global Market (ADGM), the international financial centre in Abu Dhabi, of ADGM Academy. The inauguration took place in the presence of H.H.Sheikh Hamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Chairman of Abu Dhabi Crown Prince’s Court, H.E. Saif Mohammed Al Hajeri, Chairman of the Department of Economic Development, H.E. Homaid Abdullah Al Shimmari, Deputy Group Chief Executive Officer and Chief of Human Capital and Corporate Services at Mubadala, H.E. Ahmed Al Sayegh, Chairman of ADGM, Mr Philip Parham, United Kingdom Ambassador to the United Arab Emirates, and officials from the public and private sectors. The Academy has been established, in collaboration with international partners, to become a leading provider of financial research, training, education and literacy for Abu Dhabi and the MENA region.
The Academy forms part of the objectives of ADGM to build a knowledge hub that produces well-qualified, financially literate professionals to support the development of the financial services sector. By undertaking courses at the ADGM Academy, students will be using state-of-the-art training facilities to contribute to the development and implementation of the highest standards of financial professionalism, ethics and conduct in the industry.
H.H. Sheikh Hamdan Bin Zayed Al Nahyan stressed the key role of the ADGM Academy to meet the developmental and training needs of the financial services sector in Abu Dhabi through producing a highly-skilled and productive workforce capable of contributing to enhancing Abu Dhabi’s position as an international financial centre, and to achieving the Emirate’s Economic Vision 2030.
“The inauguration of ADGM Academy is an additional vital step towards enhancing the human resource field, adopting best practices in various financial services sectors, and supporting the development process in the business and financial services sector in the country”, he added.
Commenting on the inauguration, H.E. Ahmed Al Sayegh, Chairman of ADGM said: “The finance sector in Abu Dhabi and across the region is incredibly dynamic, but we must harness the strengths and talent available through the provision of a world-class, knowledge-based environment. By doing this, it contributes to fostering a highly skilled and productive workforce that can contribute effectively to meeting broader, long-term economic objectives.”
“Locally, that means the provision of world-class programmes and innovative technology that bolster Abu Dhabi’s standing as a financial and commercial hub and support the objectives contained within the UAE’s Vision 2030 and Abu Dhabi’s Economic Vision 2030.” He continued.
In helping to build a knowledge hub in Abu Dhabi, the Academy delivers a number of services:
- educational and experiential programmes, underpinned by high standards of ethics and practices within the financial sector;
- bespoke learning and development solutions and products, co-developed with leading providers;
- training excellence through innovative and blended learning.
ADGM Academy’s six schools cover a range of courses and master classes that are designed to address the financial knowledge requirements of specific demographics in the region through specialized training:
- School of FinTech – serves the digital banking and finance environment with internationally-recognized FinTech qualifications;
- School of Banking and Finance – a flagship school offering a wide range of internationally-certified courses and qualifications;
- School of Professional Development – offers chartered qualifications e.g. CFA, CISI etc.
- School of Personal Development – covers a range of courses from soft skills to technical skills;
- School of National Development – conducts programmes focused on supporting financial competencies of the National workforce;
- School of Entrepreneurship – provides bespoke programmes for entrepreneurs to equip them with practical skills and tools to launch businesses.
The curricula of each school will be developed in co-operation with globally-renowned expert partners [see notes] to provide high quality, internationally-recognised professional development programmes.
The Schools of National Development and Entrepreneurial Development are dedicated to UAE nationals as part of the strategy to reposition Abu Dhabi as a knowledge-based economy. Both Schools will strive to enhance the skills and capabilities of Emirati citizens and broaden the development of the UAE workforce.
Hamad Sayah Al Mazrouei, Managing Director of ADGM Academy said: “We have placed an emphasis on enhancing the national workforce and providing local entrepreneurs with educational resources to widen Emirati involvement in the field of finance. Through continuous dialogue with stakeholders, we will proactively develop solutions that best meet the needs of a dynamic and rapidly-evolving financial sector in the MENA region and provide excellence in financial education.”