Leveraged Transaction Modelling
- COURSE DURATION:2
- PRICE:5000.00 AED
This programme provides participants with a thorough and practical exploration of techniques for modelling and analysing LBO transactions in Excel. The programme is delivered almost entirely ‘through the spreadsheet’ with participants working in Excel building models for most of the time.
The course covers the types of transaction analysis applied in M&A generally and the specific additional techniques used to analyse leveraged deals. Accurate modelling of the transaction debt is a particular focus and calculation of returns to the sponsor, mezz provider(s); and management are covered (including returns to the Strip, the return on sweet equity and the envy ratio).
After this course, participants will be able to:
- Develop their Excel skills including modelling best practice, advanced function knowledge, short-cuts and power user tips, model design, model audit and integrity checking.
- Acquire a robust understanding of the sequence for building an effective transaction model and the linkages between the various statements and schedules.
- Know how to add scenario analysis to a transaction model.
- Develop knowledge of key analytical ratios – how to calculate them correctly and how to interpret the results.
- Understand how to build complex debt schedules using a waterfall approach.
- Know how to calculate IRR, MoM, and the different returns earned by management, the Institutional Strip and providers of mezzanine finance.
Any bankers working in roles that require them to build or analyse financial models of leveraged transactions, in particular the course is relevant for corporate bankers, research analysts, corporate finance bankers, credit analysts and debt and equity capital markets professionals.
- PRIOR KNOWLEDGE:
Reasonable familiarity with Excel.