Money Markets (A)
- COURSE DURATION:2
The course is designed to equip participants with an advanced understanding of short-term interest rate derivative products that are traded in the money markets.
After this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the key features of FRAs and STIR contracts.
- Construct interest rate hedges using FRAs and STIR contracts.
- Explain how the traditional ’no-arbitrage’ model fails in the real world and explain how the Tenor Basis Swap resolves apparent contradictions.
- Justify differential pricing between FRAs and STIR contracts with reference to convexity and correlation arguments.
- Describe the key features on OIS swaps and explain their advantages versus LIBOR indexed swaps.
Professionals seeking to acquire expert level knowledge of short term interest rate products and the money markets.
- PRIOR KNOWLEDGE:
Money Markets (Foundation); or equivalent knowledge.