Introduction to Retail Banking
- COURSE DURATION:2
- PRICE:5000.00 AED
This programme as a foundation level course to provide participants with an introduction to retail banking services. The course will provide insight into the structure of a bank and the range of products offered to retail and small business clients. The course will follow a practical, not theoretical approach and will also introduce case studies that will be helpful in understanding the core elements of the topic.
After this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the role, organisation, structure of financial markets and a bank.
- Examine how banks make money.
- Discuss why liquidity, capital and regulation are of critical importance to a bank.
- Look at a bank’s balance sheet and differentiate interest from non-interest income.
- Understand why a knowledge of economics and market events is important.
- Define a range of retail banking products and how banks generate income and mitigate risk.
- Examine a range of business banking products and how banks generate income and mitigate risk.
- Outline and practise communication techniques, planning a meeting, listening and questioning skills.
- Gain confidence in conducting both client and internal meetings.
The course will be of particular relevance to junior professionals, in either a support function or client facing roles, private banking or treasury functions of bank and other financial services organisations. The course would also be of benefit to those in the legal, accounting and HR professions
- PRIOR KNOWLEDGE: