Foreign Exchange (I)
- START DATE:29 January 2019
- END DATE:29 January 2019
- COURSE DURATION:1
This programme provides an introduction to the foreign exchange markets. Products and the applications for corporates and financial institutions are all reviewed and the impact of the broader economy on the markets is discussed
After this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognise the importance of FX markets to the real economy and explain how and why Central Banks conduct FX policy.
- State the key conventions used in quoting FX rates.
- Explain at an intuitive level the relationship between spot and forward FX rates.
- Identify appropriate trades to hedge FX exposure.
Any staff member in back, middle, front office or infrastructure roles looking to gain a useful understanding of the FX markets activities conducted by banks.
- PRIOR KNOWLEDGE:
Basic knowledge of money markets and instruments.