Equity Capital Markets
- COURSE DURATION:3
- PRICE:7500.00 AED
The course provides participants with a working knowledge and practical understanding of equity markets and equity capital raising. It also covers equity-linked bonds. Transaction origination, structuring, execution, target investors and risks are discussed for all the products covered in the course.
After this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the structure of the international equity markets, the key investor classes and their strategies, the importance of indices to many investors and the key features of the major equity and equity linked products.
- Distinguish the key factors that make a company a suitable target for listing and know how to identify potential IPO candidates.
- Outline the preparation, marketing and execution processes for an IPO and other equity capital markets transactions.
- Identify the various transaction structures used to raise further new equity or to dispose of existing significant shareholdings and assess which is the most appropriate for a given client’s situation.
- Perform all the key calculations relevant to equity capital markets transactions.
- Analyse the performance of an equity capital markets transaction and differentiate between comparable deals.
- Recognise the key design and structuring issues for convertible bonds and be able to perform the key calculations used to analyse convertibles.
- Appraise the ways that convertibles can be hedged and arbitraged and the implications of this for the issuer’s equity and debt.
The course is intended for professionals outside the equity or ECM departments who wish to learn about equity products and equity capital raising. It is particularly relevant for corporate banking relationship managers and others in similar roles who interact with corporate clients.
- PRIOR KNOWLEDGE:
None assumed; basic to intermediate Excel skills required.