- COURSE DURATION:2
This programme provides a robust introduction to corporate valuation using trading comparables analysis, sum-of-the-parts analysis, leveraged valuation and DCF modelling.
After this course, participants will be able to:
- Differentiate between the principal approaches to valuing a business and select the most appropriate approach(es); for a particular business.
- Appraise the valuation of a firm using trading comparables.
- Construct a sum-of-the-parts valuation model.
- Construct a DCF valuation model that includes rigorous sanity checks.
- Compute a firm’s cost of capital and use beta analysis to estimate the effects of transactions on the firm’s WACC.
- Construct a leveraged valuation model with a debt waterfall financing structure.
- Calculate, interpret and assess key financial ratios specifically relevant to leveraged transactions.
Any professional who wishes to understand how to value a business. Primarily the course is intended for Corporate Bankers, Credit Officers, junior staff in IBD, Private Bankers, Risk Managers and Capital Markets and other professionals in the securities dealing areas of a bank.
- PRIOR KNOWLEDGE:
Familiarity with IFRS financial statements, intermediate level Microsoft Excel skills.